Training generations of mental health professionals
Please note that all applications are currently closed. Thank you for your interest in DWC!
DWC Clinical Internship Program
If you’re an MSW, MFT, or clinical psychology graduate student who’s passionate about working with women experiencing homelessness and formerly homeless women, we invite you to apply to DWC’s Clinical Internship Program!
The program offers training in various modalities with an emphasis on Trauma-Informed Care (TIC). The population you’ll serve faces challenges related to homelessness, mental health, substance use, and trauma (historical and on-going). Interns will utilize assessment tools to identify areas for growth and healing, and will provide clinical/health case management, psychosocial assessments, individual therapy and psycho-educational groups. Through a TIC approach, interns will work to help improve clients’ overall well-being and life stability. Interns will play an integral role in service provision and will be assigned clients who are enrolled in one or more of DWC’s departments: our Health & Wellness Program’s Trauma Recovery Center, our Permanent Supportive Housing Program, or our Community-Based Housing Program.
Our Training Model
Interns who complete DWC’s clinical training program will leave with a toolkit of evidence-based interventions grounded in:
- CRM (Community Resiliency Model)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Seeking Safety
- Trauma-Informed Care
- TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- NET (Narrative Exposure Therapy)
- Hours: A calendar year’s commitment of a minimum of 16 to 20 hours per week (inclusive of supervision) is expected (9 or 12 months).
- Transportation: Interns will be required to have personal transportation, valid California driver’s license, and current insurance and registration.
- Compensation: No financial compensation is provided; however, meals are provided and parking is reimbursed ($60/mo.)
For more information, please contact Clinical Program Manager, Kristen Muché, at KristenM@DowntownWomensCenter.org.