get involved with our
The DWC Leadership Council is committed to helping end women’s homelessness in Los Angeles by mobilizing leaders to meaningfully contribute to the success of DWC. Membership in the Leadership Council is open to individuals who support and participate in DWC’s stated advocacy, fundraising, and volunteer activities.
Throughout the year, Leadership Council members are invited to elevate our efforts to end women’s homelessness by holding fundraisers, coordinating special volunteer activities, and hosting other relevant events.
The Leadership Council looks forward to the following opportunities in 2020:
- Biannual membership meetings and volunteer service opportunity days.
- Invitations to the annual fall “Dinner With a Cause” DWC gala.
- Holiday season volunteer/celebration opportunities with DWC participants.
- Network-building opportunities & interactions with DWC board members.
- Professional development presentations by nonprofit advisors to DWC.
- Advocacy actions and opportunities to make public comment in support of DWC initiatives.
- Year-end fundraising events in support of DWC.
2020 Board Members
Kevin Rutkowski, President
Justine Dodgen Gonzalez, Vice President
Olivia Gonzalez, Advocacy Chair
Julianne LaMarche, Activities Chair
Kathleen Schaffer, Special Event Chair
Marsha Smith, Fundraising Chair
Kelsey Van Hook, Secretary
Asha Zienkiewicz, Membership Chair
Jayna Ji, Communications Chair
Join today by setting up a recurring monthly donation to DWC!
The Leadership Council is committed to supporting the work of DWC through sustained monthly donations. Your gift can help transform lives by ensuring that DWC maintains the support it needs to continue providing services to women experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles.
To join the Leadership Council, please set up a recurring monthly donation below. When submitted, you will be contacted by a Leadership Council board member. For questions, please email Events@DowntownWomensCenter.org or call (213) 680-0600.
NOTE: Please select “Show my support by making this a recurring donation.”