Partners in trauma recovery
Trauma Recovery Center
Our Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) was created in 2015 in partnership with Peace Over Violence and with funding from the California Victims Compensation Board.
The TRC provides supportive services, outreach, emergency and healing interventions to victims/survivors and their families. We focus on responding to victimization from crimes and complex trauma from interpersonal violence including sexual and domestic violence, family and community violence, sex trafficking, intimate partner stalking and homelessness.
We serve the community through trauma-informed and resiliency-focused interventions and preventions provided by skillful professionals and highly trained paraprofessionals. The TRC is particularly responsive to the needs of women experiencing homelessness and provides emergency, temporary and permanent housing along with on-site medical services.
Learn more about TRCs across California here.
Our Trauma recovery center services include:
- Assistance with applying for Victim of Crime Compensation.
- Referrals for emergency food, clothing, and shelter.
- Legal advocacy, including assistance with temporary restraining orders, divorces, custody issues, and U-visas.
- Accompaniment services to courts, police stations, hospitals, and other social services agencies.
- Emergency response for sexual and domestic violence situations.
- Individual counseling and support group counseling.
- Trauma informed interventions including Community Resiliency Model, yoga, expressive arts, music, empowerment self-defense, movement, and more.
- Psychiatric and medical services.
- Community and professional trainings on trauma, trauma informed care, homelessness, and prevention of sexual and domestic violence.
- Drop-in day center.
All services are free and available in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language.