Monitoring & Updates
Thank you so much to our community for all of your generosity and words of support over the last year. They have energized us to be nimble and think creatively about how to continue providing services as our participants became more reliant than ever on DWC for meals, basic hygiene needs, safety, and community. With your help, we were able to continue providing services without interruption, all while more than doubling our daily meal service, distributing thousands of hygiene kits and face coverings, and moving women into permanent housing across Los Angeles.
We are continuing to monitor public health guidance as we move through a staged re-opening of DWC spaces and services. Please continue to check back here for updates and consider signing up for our emails and newsletter!
day center services
- The Day Center is now open in a limited capacity to program participants for two daily sessions. Morning sessions are held 9:30-11am, and afternoon sessions are held 1-3pm.
- Meals are now served three times daily at the DWC Day Center:
- Breakfast is served 8-9am.
- Lunch is served 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Afternoon snacks are served at 2pm.
- Women can also check their mail, access services in our parking lot, and sign up for DWC services at these times.
- Additional on-site Day Center services continue to be held in the parking lot every Monday-Friday:
- Drop-in case management and clinical mental health services are available Monday-Friday, 8-30-11:30am. Sign-ups begin at the front gate at 8am daily.
- Workforce Development services are available Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9-11:30am and 1-3pm.
- The Women’s Health Clinic continues to operate Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Showers are available 7:30am-3pm daily.
- Bathrooms are available throughout the day.
- For the health and safety of our community, we are currently limiting donations to essential items. Please check here for a list of our current needs.
- All donation drop-offs must be scheduled in advance. Due to limited on-site staff availability, we are unable to accept any unscheduled drop-offs. Click here to schedule your contactless donation delivery today!
made by dwc
- The MADE by DWC Resale Boutique is now open to the public! Please note that in-store shopping may be subject to capacity limits. Visit them today at 325 S. Los Angeles Street.
- The MADE by DWC Café remains closed at this time. Keep shopping online at www.MADEbyDWC.org!
How You Can Help
- Consider making a financial donation today or purchasing items off our online wishlist to help us meet our community’s most urgent needs.
- Support our social enterprise MADE by DWC by shopping online or visiting them in-person at 325 S. Los Angeles Street!
- We will continue sending updates via email and on social media about service changes and actions you can take to help us move towards a full re-opening of the DWC Day Center. Click here to sign up for our email list today!