Sauna: health benefits, body shape and precautions
Sauna is a Finnish tradition that has been gaining more and more popularity in recent years and is replacing the sauna. This procedure is relatively inexpensive and affordable, pleasant, and promotes deep relaxation. After a 10-minute session, the person feels rejuvenated and rested. His mood improves, his vitality rises.
There are quite a few types of saunas https://royaltubs.co.uk/outdoor-saunas/: dry hot (Russian, Finnish), hot steam, steam with a moderate temperature (Turkish hammam), infrared, Japanese outdoors and others.
As a rule, it is combined with aromatherapy sessions (antiseptic essential oils of lemon, pine, fir, eucalyptus and others are added to the steam room), as well as contrasting water procedures (breeze shower, circular shower, water massage, jacuzzi).
Sauna health benefits
It is one of the fastest and most effective ways to strengthen the immune system. The fact is that hot air, acting on the skin, creates a temporary increase in body temperature, therefore, protective antibodies begin to be produced in the body. If you visit the sauna at the beginning of the development of a cold, you can completely stop the disease.
After the visit, the body must be allowed to cool down. Swimming in the pool or cool showers is fine. A physically fit person can bathe in a barrel of ice water or even rub himself with snow. All this contributes to the hardening of the body and the general strengthening of health.
Many people ask themselves the question: how to steam in a sauna to lose weight? Sauna promotes intense sweating, enhances blood microcirculation. Up to 30 grams of sweat can be consumed in one minute of being in the steam room! As a result, harmful substances are removed from the body, and the skin becomes smooth, fresh and elastic. For intensive burning of excess deposits, you should visit it without first taking heavy food and alcohol. The ideal option would be to exercise before the hike.
In addition, a visit to the sauna speeds up the metabolism. Therefore, regular treatments are recommended by many doctors and nutritionists as an effective method for losing weight.
Finally, the sauna has a deep relaxing effect on the muscles of the body and the psyche. A person stops worrying, forgets about problems, begins to think positively. It can be an excellent addition to medication and psychotherapeutic treatment of depression, as well as prevention of any mental disorder.
Visiting rules and precautions
However, the above positive aspects for health will only take place if you follow all the rules and precautions. Otherwise, you can cause significant harm to your body. So, how should you behave before visiting the procedure and during your stay in the sauna?
1. Hot air increases the concentration of gastric juice, therefore, immediately before going to the sauna, you should refrain from eating food, especially heavy food.
2. To avoid dehydration, you should drink 1 or 2 glasses of water before and immediately after the procedure. Drinks containing caffeine, soda and alcohol are strictly prohibited!
3. The head should be wrapped in a towel or a cap to protect the hair from hot air or steam. Otherwise, they can become brittle and lifeless.
4. In order not to catch a fungal infection, you should wear slippers.
5. Do not stay in the sauna for more than 15-20 minutes. And if you are new to this business, then 5-7 minutes will be enough. If you feel faint or drowsy, leave the hot room as soon as possible.
6. After the session and before the next entry, it is imperative to cool the body in the pool or shower. If you are not a particularly seasoned person, take your time to climb into icy or cold water. Exposure to room temperature water will be sufficient.
7. It is not recommended to make more than 3 visits to the sauna for several minutes at a time.
8. If essential oils are used in the sauna, make sure that you do not have allergies or individual intolerances.
Which people should refrain from going to the sauna?
Unfortunately, no matter how pleasant it is to warm up, this pleasure is not available to everyone. The list of contraindications includes the following.
Diseases of the heart and blood vessels, problems with blood pressure (hypertension, hypotension).
Oncological diseases, chronic inflammatory processes.
High body temperature.
Thin skin with a well-visible vascular pattern.
If you have any chronic diseases, be sure to consult with your doctor before visiting the steam room.