Updates & Relief Efforts
Thank you so much to our DWC community for all of your generosity and words of support. They have energized us to be nimble and think creatively about how to continue providing services as our participants become ever more reliant on the Center for meals, basic hygiene needs, safety, and community. With your help, we have more than doubled our daily meal service, distributed thousands of hygiene kits and face coverings, and continue to move women into permanent housing.
We are closely monitoring public health guidance and remain committed to providing essential services in a safe and supportive environment. Our operations have been modified in the following ways:
- Day Center services continue with social distancing practices in place. Please note that these may be adapted as official guidance and conditions change.
- Meals are provided daily at the DWC gate from 9-9:30am.
- Showers and bathrooms continue to be available.
- Sign-ups for Day Center services (including mail, mental health, case management, psychiatry, employment services, and showers) are available daily from 9:30-10:30am.
- The Women’s Health Clinic continues to operate Tuesdays and Fridays.
- On-site volunteering has been temporarily suspended. We’ll be sure to make an announcement as soon as normal volunteer operations resume.
- We are not currently accepting household donations. We welcome cleaning supplies, PPE, items from our Emergency Preparedness Amazon wish list, and Snack, Toiletry, and Clean Home Kits. We are also accepting NEW clothing, only (tags still attached, preferred).
- MADE by DWC Resale Boutique and Café are closed to the public. Curbside pick-up options are available for online orders.
- Non-essential staff continue to work remotely. Our administrative offices remain operational and can be reached by email at Info@DowntownWomensCenter.org or by phone at 213.680.0600.
How You Can Help
- Consider making a financial donation through our website or sending us items from our Emergency Preparedness Amazon wish list.
- Support our social enterprise MADE by DWC by shopping online.
- Join CEO Amy Turk for our next DWC Community Update on Wednesday, August 26 at 6pm via Zoom. Click here to register.
- We will continue sending updates via email and on social media about service changes and actions you can take to help us through this challenging time.
We thank the following individuals and organizations for supporting these critical efforts through financial and in-kind contributions:
Albertsons Companies Foundation
American Mask Project
Ariel Gordon Jewelry
David & Patricia Arquette
Maggie May Baird & Billie Eilish
Bank of America
BetterWorld Masks Project
Black Women Lead
Bless It Bag
Blue Flame Medical
Bohnett Residential College, USC
Bonduelle Group/Ready Pac
Carl & Roberta Deutsch Foundation
Clean the World
Laura Dern & Jaya Harper
Dharma in Motion
Frances Levy Memorial Fund
Good All Day Co. & CeCe DuPraz
Guerilla Mask Movement
I Love You Truck
Jane Doe Latex / Hollywood Villains
Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Kroger Co. Foundation
Maison du Soleil
May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
Michele Marie PR
Michelle Chiou Foundation
My Two Cents
National Women’s Soccer League LA Support Group
Olive and Feathers
Orchard Financial Group
Pacific Crossroads Church
Pacific Grooming Co.
Joanna & Greg Perlman
P.F. Candle Co.
Project Isaiah & Gateway Gourmet
Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
Rosenthal Family Foundation
SALT Landscape Architects
SoCal Gas Company
Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Cares
Spell & The Gypsy Collective
STEELE by Amanda Steele
Support & Feed
June and Simon K.C. Li Charitable Fund
Ten Thousand Villages
Terra & Co.
The Change Reaction
The Green Foundation
The Health Studio
The Janes Elite Racing
The Lions / Rewilder
The Model Behavior
The Spirit Guild
United Way of Greater Los Angeles
Will & Jada Smith Family Foundation
… and hundreds of other individuals who have contributed to our relief efforts!