Updates & Relief Efforts
Thank you so much to our DWC community for all of your generosity and words of support. They have energized us to be nimble and think creatively about how to continue providing services as our participants become ever more reliant on the Center for meals, basic hygiene needs, safety, and community. With your help, we have more than doubled our daily meal service, distributed thousands of hygiene kits and face coverings, and continue to move women into permanent housing.
We are closely monitoring public health guidance and remain committed to providing essential services in a safe and supportive environment. Our operations have been modified in the following ways:
- Day Center services continue with social distancing practices in place. Please note that these may be adapted as official guidance and conditions change.
- Meals are provided daily at the DWC gate from 9-10am. Women can also check their mail at this time.
- Water and beverages are provided at the DWC gate every afternoon from 1-2pm.
- Showers and bathrooms continue to be available.
- Extended on-site Day Center services (including mental health, case management, psychiatry, and employment services) are available Monday-Thursday, 9-10:30am. Sign-ups end at 10am, dependent on capacity.
- Day Center case management and clinical mental health services are available Monday-Thursday; Workforce Development services are available Tuesdays and Thursdays; and screenings, intake, and case management for Project 100 are available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The Women’s Health Clinic continues to operate Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:30am-3:30pm.
- On-site volunteering has been temporarily suspended. We’ll be sure to make an announcement as soon as normal volunteer operations resume.
- We are not currently accepting most household donations. We welcome cleaning supplies, PPE, items from our Emergency Preparedness Amazon wish list, and Snack, Toiletry, and Clean Home Kits.
- We are now accepting donations of used and new clothing, and lightly worn shoes. When preparing your donations, please note the following:
- All clothing must be freshly laundered, as many of the women put them on directly.
- Please sort clothing by type (e.g., shirts, shorts, pants, etc.) to help our staff distribute them more efficiently.
- Please do not include worn-down shoes.
- We are only able to accept a maximum of 5 bags of clothing per donation at this time.
- All donations should be delivered to 442 S. San Pedro Street, Monday-Thursday 12pm-2pm, and Friday 8am-2pm.
- You must schedule your donation prior to drop-off by emailing MitzuyL@DowntownWomensCenter.org. At this time, we are unable to accept unscheduled deliveries due to limited on-site staff availability.
- MADE by DWC Resale Boutique and Café are closed to the public. Curbside pick-up options are available for online orders.
- Non-essential staff continue to work remotely. Our administrative offices remain operational and can be reached by email at Info@DowntownWomensCenter.org or by phone at 213.680.0600.
How You Can Help
- Consider making a financial donation through our website or sending us items from our Emergency Preparedness Amazon wish list.
- Support our social enterprise MADE by DWC by shopping online.
- We will continue sending updates via email and on social media about service changes and actions you can take to help us through this challenging time.
We thank the following individuals and organizations for supporting these critical efforts through financial and in-kind contributions:
Albertsons Companies Foundation
Alston & Bird
American Mask Project
Ariel Gordon Jewelry
David & Patricia Arquette
Maggie May Baird & Billie Eilish
Bank of America
BetterWorld Masks Project
Black Women Lead
Bless It Bag
Blue Flame Medical
Bohnett Residential College, USC
Bonduelle Group/Ready Pac
Carl & Roberta Deutsch Foundation
City National Bank
Clean the World
Catherine Collins & Craig Eggers
Cooperative of American Physicians
Laura Dern & Jaya Harper
Dharma in Motion
Doughboys with Nick Wiger & Mike Mitchell
Frances Levy Memorial Fund
Good All Day Co. & CeCe DuPraz
Green Hasson Janks
Guerilla Mask Movement
I Love You Truck
Jane Doe Latex / Hollywood Villains
Jean & Lewis Wolff Family Foundation
Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
James & Heather Johnson
Josefina Leon Johnson
Kind Soul Foundation
Kroger Co. Foundation
Maison du Soleil
May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
Steve & Christy McAvoy
Michele Marie PR
Michelle Chiou Foundation
Erin B. Mills
My Two Cents
National Women’s Soccer League LA Support Group
Robert & Eileen O’Leary
Marylouise Oates & Robert Shrum
Olive and Feathers
Orchard Financial Group
Otis & Bettina Chandler Foundation
Pacific Crossroads Church
Pacific Grooming Co.
Joanna & Greg Perlman
P.F. Candle Co.
Project Isaiah & Gateway Gourmet
Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
Herb & Heather Rim
Rosenthal Family Foundation
Lynn Hall Russell & L. Michael Russell
SALT Landscape Architects
Heidi H. Schulman
SoCal Gas Company
Supervisor Hilda Solis
Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Cares
Spell & The Gypsy Collective
STEELE by Amanda Steele
Support & Feed
June and Simon K.C. Li Charitable Fund
Ten Thousand Villages
Terra & Co.
The California Wellness Foundation
The Change Reaction
The Green Foundation
The Health Studio
The Janes Elite Racing
The Lions / Rewilder
The Model Behavior
The Noble Collection
The Spirit Guild
United Way of Greater Los Angeles
Watson Land Company
Anne-Sophie & Krystin Weaver-Morrissette
The Weingarten Family
Will & Jada Smith Family Foundation
Donella M. Wilson & Peter Barnett
… and hundreds of other individuals who have contributed to our relief efforts!